phishing is a technique that involves tricking the user to steal confidential information , passwords, etc, into thinking you are a confidential site .
Tips to prevent Phiship Attacks
Beware of Suspicious Emails and Do not Click Suspicious Links:
- Be very suspicious of any emails you receive from trusted entities like your bank.
- If the email contains a link, don’t click on it.
- Check the URL address before you visiting as once you trusted like the real site but is not real.Visiting company official not like others.
Enhance the Security of Your Computer
- Your computer protected with anti-virus to block this type of attack .
- you should always update your operating system & your software.
Have the Slightest Doubt, Do Not Risk It
- The best way to prevent phishing is to constantly reject any email or news that asks you to provide confidential data.
- Delete these emails and call your bank to clarify any doubts.
Watch out for shortened links
- Shortened links do not show a website’s real name and hence, can be more easily used to trick the recipient into clicking. Hackers can use shortened links to redirect you to fake look alike sites and capture sensitive information. Always place your cursor on the shortened link to see target location before clicking on it.