The much-awaited SUV from Kia Motors, the Kia Sonet, has been revealed.
The Kia Sonet compact SUV was first showcased as a concept at the 2020 Auto Expo in February and ever since, has been one of the most talked-about cars in India.
The model would be manufactured at company’s Anantapur-based (Andhra Pradesh) facility and would also be exported to other markets.
Sonet, which is Kia’s third product in India after Seltos and Carnival, would compete with the likes of Hyundai Venue, Maruti Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300 in the domestic market.
The segment is also going to see more products like Toyota Kirloskar Motor’s Urban Cruiser and Nissan’s Magnite.
Design As leaked in the teasers, the new Sonet gets Kia’s signature ‘tiger-nose’ grille, flanked by ‘heart beat’ LED DRLs (daytime running lights), shaped like the electric pulse of a heart, with a front skid plate beneath. The ‘heart beat’ LED tail lamps can also be seen at the rear.
The Sonet will be offered with multiple powertrain options which includes up to eight monotone and three dual-tone exterior color options.
he first option is a naturally aspirated 1.2-liter four-cylinder petrol engine and the second petrol option is a 1.0 T-GDi turbocharged direct injection engine. For buyers interested in diesel, the company provides a 1.5-liter CRDi engine with a choice of five transmissions.
The features include:
- 10.25-inch (26.03 cm) HD touchscreen with navigation and live traffic
- Smart Pure Air Purifier with virus protection
- BOSE Premium seven-speaker audio with sub-woofer
- Ventilated driver and front-passenger seats
- LED Sound Mood Lighting
- Remote engine start for automatic and manual transmission via UVO Connect and Smart Key
- Over-the-air (OTA) map updates
- Multi-drive & traction modes and grip control for automatic models
- Wireless smartphone charger with cooling function
The Sonet comes as Kia’s third offering in India after the Seltos and Carnival. The car will be priced between Rs 7 lakh and 12 lakh.